Summer in Buffalo/Niagara
June 18th, 2009
Summer in the Buffalo/Niagara region is second to none. Cooling breezes off of Lake Erie make the average July temperature near 80 degrees and keep the humidity low. This is the perfect weather for outdoor festivals and celebrations and there are many to choose from.
Ongoing Events Include:
- Thursday at The Square – Free concerts every Thursday in Lafayette Square, Downtown Buffalo, from 5pm – 9pm
- Shakespeare in Delaware Park – Outdoor Shakespeare every Tuesday through Sunday at 7:30 pm behind the Rose Garden in Delaware Park.
- Summer Jazz Series at the Albright Knox Art Gallery – Every Sunday from July 8 through August 5th at 2pm on the lawn at the Albright Knox.
- Taste of Buffalo – July 11th and 12th – Largest two day food festival in the US featuring 60 restaurants, 6 wineries and 450,000 visitors, from 11am to 7pm, on Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square.
- Canal Fest – July 19th through July 26th – One week of music, food and fun on the Erie Canal, Niagara and Young Streets in Tonawanda, NY.
- Garden Walk Buffalo – July 25th and 26th – Free, self-guided tour of more than 300 Buffalo Gardens from 10am to 4pm.
- America's Fair – Erie County Fair – August 12 through August 23 – Erie County Fairgrounds in Hamburg, NY.
- Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts – August 29th and 30th – Over 170 artists and craftspeople, music and dancing.
- National Buffalo Wing Festival – September 5th and 6th – Eating, cooking and celebrating all things chicken wing at Coca-Cola Park from Noon to 5pm.
- Music is Art Festival – September 12th – Celebrating music, dance and art at the Albright Knox Art Gallery from 11am to 10 pm.
For more detailed information on these and other events, visit the Buffalo Convention and Visitors Bureau Web site at: www.visitbuffaloniagara.com
^Top of Page^