MICHAEL BURKE
Real Estate · Real Service · Real Results

Property Search

Buying Real Estate

Selling Real Estate

Home Values

Mortgages

Articles/Radio

Home

About

Testimonials

Contact

Articles and Videos on Real Estate Topics

Carbon Monoxide Awareness

October 26th, 2009

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning any fuel. The initial symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu, and include dizziness, fatigue, headache, nausea and irregular breathing. High levels exposure can cause death. It is so important at this time of year to have your heating system looked at by a qualified professional to help avoid deadly carbon monoxide gas from leaking into your home.

Fall is also a great time to check the batteries and performance of your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms.  Proper placement of a carbon monoxide detector is important.  The CPSC recommends it be located near the sleeping area, where it can wake you if you are asleep. Additional detectors on every level and in every bedroom of a home provide extra protection against carbon monoxide poisoning.

If your carbon monoxide detector activates, open windows to ventilate your home w/ fresh air and have your heating system checked by a professional.  If you are feeling drowsy or dizzy, have a headache, nausea or irregular breathing, leave the house and call 911 from your neighbor’s home. You may need medical attention.

Copyright ©2011 Michael Burke, Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker, HUNT ERA. All Rights Reserved.
Web Site Development & Hosting by The Gain Company
 

Michael Burke
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Hunt Real Estate ERA
8780 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Cell: 716-474-8155

mburke@huntrealestate.com